New Veterans' Affairs Office opens in Milford
Milford--Mayor Benjamin G. Blake and the Board of Aldermen are pleased to announce that the City of Milford has provided office space to the Connecticut Department of Veterans’ Affairs in the Parsons Government Center located at 70 West River Street.
The Veterans’ Affairs Office can assist in the following manner:
· Collecting and preparing data relating to benefits and services for veterans.
· Assisting veterans and/or spouses residing in Connecticut nursing homes with VA benefit applications.
· Assisting in the establishment, preparation and presentation of claims pursuant to rights, benefits or privileges accruing to veterans.
· Cooperating with service organizations in disseminating information.
· Furnishing counsel to veterans concerning educational training, health, medical and rehabilitation.
· Representing veterans before the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs concerning claims and benefits.
· Assisting veterans’ appeals to the VA for upgrades in disability ratings.
The new Veterans’ Affairs Office in the Parsons Government Center is located on the Second Floor in Room 219, next to Conference Room C, and is open Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Telephone (203) 874-6711; Fax (203) 874-6716
Information was submitted via a press release by the mayor's office